Monday, May 13, 2013

Cupcake Madness

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Today is my first day back at school after an amazing 10 day break! It wasn't long enough of course. :) And HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you moms out there!

Now lets get down to business. At my church we love to eat I mean LOVE to eat. We have potlucks all the time and I usually bring cake-pops or something but this past Sunday I felt that since it was Mother's Day we needed something a little brighter and a little more messy. I've made these cupcakes before and just showed pictures and people were asking if I were selling them so I decided that I should surprise everyone and bring them. You've seen them on Pinterest: 
I absolutely love these little cupcakes! They are so cute and I think they are a total mind blow...you think that when you bite into them they are going to taste like watermelon or something candy flavored but they're not!

Tools used:
Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
Neon food coloring
Frosting Creations frosting
Frosting Creations addition in Mint Chocolate
Nestle semi-sweet mini morsel chocolate chips

Make your batter following directions but before moving it to your pan add in the neon pink food coloring
and then add a good handful of chocolate chips! Pour into your cupcake cups or how ever you want to do it! Then bake like normal.
For the icing mix in the add-in which I used Mint Chocolate then add some neon green food coloring 
When the cupcakes are done and cooled you can start icing them! My favorite method for icing is just to use a ziplock bag put my icing in the bag and cut the tip off of it and ICE! 
Once all cupcakes are iced add a few chocolate chips to the top depending on how much you like chocolate. 
and TADA!!! They are soo extremely yummy! And everyone loves them!!! Of course my icing skills aren't of master level like the pinterest ones but I will get there!! But anyways those are my cupcakes! Hope yall enjoyed the Pin for this week!! 

Also feel free to check out my online store! junkie.kitsylane.com  Cute stuff and I send out coupons all the time so be sure that you sign up! :) 

Have a good week!! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment